on the plus side, I found something that finds your untagged posts if you want to go back and ya know
THAT GENERATES PUNS FOR YOU AND YOU CAN LOOK UP VIA A WORD OR PHRASE.
CHECK IT OUT, IVE BEEN LAUGHING AT IT FOR HOURS.I feel like you would enjoy this
I’ve personally never really thought of making a masterpost (mostly since there’s already soo many good ones out there) but i haven’t really found many good calm/relaxing masterposts - with a sole purpose of reducing stress and just taking care of yourself. So I’ve decided to make this one in hopes of at least reducing a lil stress, and letting yourself forget about whatever is bothering you at the moment. Oh, and if anything should be added, or if you simply need someone to talk to, please don’t hesitate to message me. ^^
- Ambient mixer: this site let’s you listen to both ambiance and music, and allows you to make your own mixes if you’d like.
- Naturesoundsfor.me: i thought this one was a bit interesting, again its customizable, and you can listen to what others have created. You can mix different nature sounds together and adjust each sound’s volume.
- Noisli: while searching for really good ambient sites, i have to say i *really* love this one. It has a very simple design to it - click which sounds you want to hear and adjust how loud/quiet you’d like them to be. Along with that you can click the background for a random colour generator which slowly transitions into other colours.
- Studio Ghibli instrumental mixes: here’s a bunch of ghibli mixes,
Piano mix / Instrumental / Some more instrumental / Jazz (first album) / Jazz (second album) / Music box playlist / Another music box playlist /
- Other instrumental mixes (from movies):
Wolf Children mix / Animal crossing: original game - wild world/city folk - new leaf /
- A few more calming mixes (misc.):
Has an animal crossing feel to it / Perfect for falling asleep to / Another relaxing mix / A more jazzy mix / And one more
As always, ghibli movies always tend to give a happy vibe (there’s some exceptions though, *cough* grave of the fireflies *cough*), here’s an entire masterpost for every film/short film produced / you can also search for them here and here.
Other really good animated movies:
Wolf Children (this movie is absolutely adorable and the soundtrack is so good - casual warning that it does get a bit sad at some moments)
5 cm Per Second (the animation is gorgeous, if you’re up for a romance movie def give this one a watch)
Hotarubi no Mori e (oh no this movie, again it gets a bit sad, but is very cute)
Children who chase lost voices (i still haven’t gotten the chance to watch this movie! however from what i’ve seen it looks good)
Animal Crossing Movie (even if you haven’t played the game before just watch this i promise its so cute)
Summer Wars (i love a really good slice of life/cute family dynamic, literally every char in this movie was adorable)
Again, here’s an entire masterpost (includes both older and newer movies) / you can search for movies here.
I’ve also found a couple channels that simply post videos of kitties/cute lil nature videos - here, here, and here.
- everything orisinal
- a very pink game
- cat poke poke some cats
- cat planet, planet of the cats
- knytt series
- small worlds
- tork - a language game
- leaf me alone
- sushi cat series
- ghost party
- flock together
- bunni: how we first met
- this is the only level and achievement unlocked series
*(these are games taken from this masterpost)*
**Here’s another lil cute games masterpost - these are sooo adorable omg.
And here’s one more cute games masterpost.
the thoughts room - type out your worries and watch them fade away in to stars
silk - use rotational symmetry and mirrors to create beautiful flame patterns
thisissand - just click and hold to build scenes filling your screen out of colourful sand
imagination - move your mouse around and watch light slowly fly in all directions
neonflames - build your own nebula with pretty colours and effects
tonematrix - a grid of squares on a pulse, draw to turn each block on and create music
written? kitten! - as you write, be rewarded for your work with kittens!
cute roulette - click to instantly receive an adorable animal video (there’s lots!)
foster kitten cam - a 24 hour live stream of adorable fostered kittens. (updated each month)
daily cute - fluffy, fuzzy, and all cute photos.
screen cleaning - just click it, go on!
(credit for these links goes to this post and the user who created it ^^)
There *are* also a couple masterposts made that I find are helpful - including this one (full of more calming sites), this one, and this one.
Remember as I said before, if you ever seriously feel the need to talk to someone don’t be afraid to message me. I hope this helps!
I wanted to double check that “The Cherry on Top” was a short novel or novella and I found this on uphillwriting.org. I think it’s very informative and hopefully you guys will find it useful!
Good friends, this list is wonderful, but it’s missing something!
800 words maximum
this is the most beautiful thing i’ve seen today.
To forget about it for a while:call a friend and talk about something else, like how their day has been. draw something as detailed as you can. make henna tattoos. paint your nails. read a book, magazine or newspaper. put on loud pop music that you can dance to. put on music and sing…
I’m going to admit that I really struggle with action scenes. Or struggled, depending on what my publisher says about the myriad of actions scenes I have sprinkled throughout the sequel to When Stars Die.
My publisher really had to tear up the one action chapter I had in the climax of When Stars Die. Amelia spent too much time personally reflecting on things while fighting a ruthless Shadowman (dead witch), trying to kill her so she can’t stop him from getting revenge on the people who murdered him— people who kill witches in the first place. This will not contain any spoilers to When Stars Die. The chapter was originally nine pages. Now it is six.
- Try to minimize character introspection, or try not to use it at all. Your characters are fighting to survive, so they should only concentrate on the immediate action going on around them. They’re not exactly going to concentrate on the human condition of the reason that they’re fighting, which is what I originally did when Amelia was fighting Sash.
- Try to keep sentences short and paragraphs short. Action scenes are fast paced. Wordy sentences and lengthy paragraphs can slow the pacing.
- Keep dialogue interactions short. This is all about the action, the exposition, the immediacy of what is going on around the characters. Within the first two pages of the chapter involving the fight between Sash and Amelia, I had one part where the dialogue was too drawn out, so I trimmed down the dialogue, only concentrating on the most important points to lead up to the action. Lengthy dialogue can slow the pacing. Plus, realistically, you wouldn’t stop in the middle of a fight to start engaging in some conversation with your enemy.
- Quick reactions. If your protagonist’s options of surviving start to dwindle, force the protagonist to make a quick decision. Don’t spend even five sentences having your protagonist trying to plan out what to do. Realistically, your protagonist will not have that time.
- Physical movements. This goes back to concentrating on immediacy. Really concentrate on the physical actions taking place, like running, punching, kicking, whatever. Break it up with some dialogue, too. Anything to keep it interesting.
- Create unexpected consequences. This isn’t a spoiler, because everyone, when reading a genre book that includes action, expects some antagonists to die. But Amelia isn’t the one to kill Sash. In fact, she feels sorry for him and is very hesitant to do so.
Hopefully these points will help you write some effective action scenes. Here is a short paragraph from the chapter between Sash and Amelia from When Stars Die that conveys some of the elements above:
"I raise my hand and shove it in Sash’s face (there is fire on her palm). He screams and drops me on to the dirt. I scramble away, back toward Theosodore. The angry fire races beneath my skin, thirsting to be used again. I keep my attention on it, feeding my anger and channeling it into the heat (her skin is heated).”
I am going to do a blog post every other day on my Tumblr. My next blog post will concentrate on creating effective dialogue.
Re-blogs appreciated, especially if you know other writers who need this advice.
Guys, seriously. Signal boost. I needed this the other night, and a few weeks ago I was talking with someone who needed it. This is the best freaking thing ever.
NO NO NO.
DO NOT USE IMALIVE.
THEY ARE CONNECTED WITH “TO WRITE LOVE ON HER ARMS” WHICH IS AN EXTREME CHRISTIAN GROUP THAT IS RLY SHITTY TO LGBTQ YOUTH AMONG OTHER TERRIBLE THINGS (I’M PRETTY SURE THEY’RE A SCAM AS WELL)
IMALIVE IS NOT A GOOD THING.
IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THAT STUFF BUT CAN’T USE THE PHONE. PLEASE USE CRISISCHAT.ORG ISNTEAD. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE IMALIVE THEY ARE DANGEROUS
I reblogged IMALIVE last night. I’m reblogging this post for the correction. Thank you!
A mouth-watering fuck-ton of hand references.
[From various sources]
FOR ALL THE ARTISTS OUT THERE, I GIVE YOU…HANDS
tuutuuruu mentioned this post on my wip sketch, thank you very much this should definitely help because i seriously cannot draw hands. everything else, fine, hands, must look at refs for at all times.